Before joining the firm, Sarah was an Assistant Public Defender for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit. In her year at the Public Defender’s office, Sarah drafted and argued motions, handled evidentiary hearings, and first-chaired a trial.
Sarah’s first job after graduating college was as a high school English teacher. In that role, she learned the importance of good writing and clear communication. Later, she worked at a large community association management firm, where she trained association board members and managed operations for several communities. Sarah then attended law school, on a full scholarship, while continuing to work part-time. During law school, Sarah received 14 book awards, interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida, and ultimately graduated in the top 1% of her class.
Sarah lives in Tampa with her fiancé and their cat. Sarah enjoys camping, spending time with her niece and nephew, and reading.
- University of Maine Farmington, B.S., with honors
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., with honors
- Law Review: Preemption Editor
- Law Journal: Editor-in-Chief
Certifications and Bar Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- All Florida Courts
- Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar
- Member of the Executive Council
- Editor of the Section’s submissions to the Florida Bar Journal
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Appellate Practice Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Grants, Awards, and Bylaws Committee
- North Tampa Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society
- Second District Court of Appeal Historical Society
- “Clean Slate Act,” Grand Rapids Bar Association (January 8, 2021)